Familysearch.org Review by Fellow Blogger
What a thoughtful post! I’ve been wanting to write a general post about Familysearch.org and you hit it right on the nail! My husband and I went to Rootstech 2015 in Salt Lake City recently, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to genealogy girl for an excellent post.
I love them even more when they are well run and filled with great information.
Familysearch.org is among the very best.
What you need to know about this website:
- It is completely free.
- It is available for anyone to use.
- It has several key parts – Family Tree, Photos, Search, Wiki, Blog, and Catalog.
- It is constantly being updated and improved. New records are added every day.
- It is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints but you don’t have to be a Mormon to use the website.
- In order to use certain parts of the website you will need to create a free account.
What you can do with Family Tree:
- Contribute to this unique Tree by adding and updating your ancestor’s information. This Tree is designed to have only ONE instance of every unique individual. This means that…
View original post 494 more words